Saturday, May 13, 2017

Breakfast

Looking in the refrigerator...

"Hmmm,those mushrooms won't last much longer."

"Oh look, half an onion."

I reach for the butter and stop...

"Wait, I've got some cured and smoked Berkshire pork belly somewhere in here."

I quarter and slice some potatoes to cook in some pork lard I rendered from seasoned pork shoulder that I had cooked in the electric pressure cooker a few nights ago.

I dice the onions and mushrooms while the bacon browns in the pan.

I then cook the onions and mushrooms in the bacon grease with the bacon.

This mixture goes in a bowl when done.

I cook two eggs over medium to put over a serving of the now crispy brown potatoes.  The yolk is nice and runny.

I spoon the mushroom/bacon/onion mixture over this,  then adding some ketchup and sriracha sauce.

I wolf it all down and chase it with some orange juice.

The best breakfast that I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...