Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Good Sign

Image result for Good sign

This week I ran my last super long run of 15 miles before the Santa Cruz Half-Marathon.

I held a 9:05 minute/mile pace.

On Friday I did my last long tempo run of 7 miles at a 8:10 or better pace, including one sub 8 minute mile.

On Wednesday I did 4 x 1.5 mile strength intervals, starting at 8:10 and finishing at 7:50 for the final 1.5 miles..

So all of my runs of substance met or actually exceeded what Hanson's prescribed paces for finishing a half marathon in 1 hour 45 minutes.  I hadn't been able to due this for a few weeks now.

So I feel this is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...