Saturday, June 3, 2017

Intermittent Fasting

Sometimes I'm just not sure how a new idea begins...in my head.

For whatever reason, I decided to explore eating only twice a day.  I then started to wonder, what was the science behind how often we should eat?  I've kind of had a fascination for fasting.  I started to feel like I needed to train my body how to feel and cope with hunger.  I wanted to appreciate eating just for the sake of eating.  I thought maybe it was sort of a yin and yang thing.

A quick search online revealed the wonders of intermittent fasting.  Several people have written articles on it.  If somebody wrote it down, then it must be true? Right?

I don't know.  Nutritional science is complex, and sadly, has been conducted poorly by some in powerful political places that drove national policy.  But I digress.

I decided to give it a try.  I've been almost doing it on the weekends when I have coffee, a long run, then a late breakfast/brunch around 11am.

Mmmmm, breakfast...


I'm pretty relaxed in my application of this "diet."  I still have coffee, with milk and sugar in the morning, so I suppose I'm breaking a rule somewhere.  My first meal varies between 11am - 1pm.  And if I'm still working on a beer after 6-7pm dinner, no biggie.

Not surprisingly I haven't lost much weight, but at my height, I wasn't really expecting to shed much from my 135 pound total.  Still, it is early in this retraining of my physiology.

I feel better - less bloated.  I enjoy my meals even more.  I don't feel guilty about eating large portions, or having seconds.

Mmmmm, breakfast...





4 comments:

  1. I do intermittent fasting and it has improved my health better than any doctor recommended way of eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victor, Thanks for posting a comment. In what way has IF improved your health? I'm glad to here this method is working for another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall my joints feel better. I'm down 30lbs. The swelling in my legs has diminished. My allergies are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intermediate Fasting is the greatest discovery this century. And it costs nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...