Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Good, the bad, and the...

Running

The good

My new Rides!


The bad

The local 5k race I signed up for got cancelled!

The good

I took my Rides out for a....(wait for it)... ride!  At least I amuse myself.  Inside the Rides are these:

I'm not sure if they made a difference, but I saw Currexxoles on a blog, did some research and thought, "Hmmm."  Then I bought them.  They sure made for a comfortable...oh, nevermind.

I ran 10 miles this morning at a new personal best of 10:09 pace.  I'm not sure I could have maintained it for 3.1 more miles, but I'm pretty sure I could have beat a 10:39, my previous best.  I guess all of those aerobic miles in preparation for the race paid off in their own way.  Still, I need to sign-up for a race.  All I have is the Mother's day race I did last year, and I never even got a time for that.  I want to run the San Jose Rock and Roll half marathon, but I'm not sure I am ready for something that big.

My miles for this week:
 
 9/8 to 9/14    
Day Activity Miles
Monday Aerobic 6.35
Tuesday Intervals 4
Wednesday Aerobic 5.5
Thursday Intervals 5.4
Friday Organic 6.1
Saturday Aerobic 5.45
Sunday Long Run 10
    42.8



Less then 50, but more than I thought due to the 10 mile jaunt instead of 3.1 miles.
.

The bad

My Jaybirds died!


I am very sad.  They were expensive.  I haven't had them that long.  I bought:



It turns any earbuds into a bluetooth device and it was relatively cheap.  The earbuds I bought for it died the second day I used them, so I picked up:
They are Yurbuds and I saw them on a blog where they got a good review.  I hope they last.  Mine are orange and don't feel like they are going to fall out - a real problem for me.  Most earbuds I get, even with the largest adapter start falling out.  These are guaranteed not to fall out.

The Tasty

Culatello anyone?


It is quite tasty.  I had a plate of this plus Lardo, some bread and Swiss cheese.

Time for some cured salmon:
It's under the brick with a lot of sugar, salt, tumeric, lemon zest, fennel, and white pepper.  I've decided not to smoke this one.  I will probably use it to flavor my salad lunch, slice thinly over rice and maybe even have on a bagel with cream cheese and capers.

1 comment:

  1. That salmon sounds lovely. Tumeric? Yum.

    I'm not thrilled with any sort of bluetooth devices. I worry they will cause brain tumors. Perhaps I'm paranoid. My husband uses one for phone and to listen to music when he rides his bike. I'm happier with a wired headphone, so the waves aren't so close to my head.

    ReplyDelete

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...