Sunday, March 31, 2019

Some Rommel Videos

I set my gaming table for Rommel using my homemade mat.
I rolled for terrain as called for in the rules, and then generated it randomly, and placed it randomly.  Here is a video of the set-up.


The scenario called for a fighting withdrawal by the Germans.  There were 5 objectives for the Americans to capture.  These objectives disappear over time.  So the Americans are in a bit of a rush to capture 3 as soon as possible.  They gobbled up the first one on the first turn.  Here are videos of the first three attempts.
Second attack: the Germans were able to use some tactics to hold on.
The third attack: with just enough op chips to launch a third tactical phase, the Americans take the objective.
Conducting three tactical phases for a turn was expensive.  The Americans were doing some maneuvering that I didn't cover in these videos.  This gave them a shot at a second objective.  Here is a video covering a little of that maneuvering and the German response.
My final video, of the first attempt to take the "second" objective.

2 comments:

  1. Great reports. I have a large force of 3mm stuff for Rommel (focused on Americans, Germans, and a little for North Africa)---this makes me want to break them back out for more gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting a comment. I'm glad you liked the report.

    ReplyDelete

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...