Sunday, December 30, 2018

Monterey Pacific Grove Lighthouse 5k

I have been recalcitrant in posting about this race because it was such a disappointment.  I devoted a whole training cycle (my Fall semester) to this race.  It was only a 9 week program, and perhaps that is why it led to such a slow race.

My race support team (wife) wasn't able to make the trip.  Maybe that is why I raced so slow.

The race was on November 10th, 2018.  I ran it in 24 minutes and 1 second according to chip time.

My prerace dinner was also a bit of a downer.  I ordered a nice pasta with ragu sauce.  But the chef was really into their hot spices and it was too warm for my palate.

The room had a nice view of Cannery Row.
I'm trying to comfort myself in thinking that I ran 3.1 miles at a 7:45 pace.  If I could extend that another 10 miles, that would be a new half marathon PR.

There were some hills, it was crowded at the start line.  I'm not sure why that would result in increase of over a minute from my Stroke Awareness run.  Perhaps the 80/20 plan by Fitzgerald just doesn't work for me.  I don't want to go back to Hanson's, still feeling burnt out on it, but I don't have the time for Hudson's plan either.  I'm going to try and build my own training plan, probably a mistake, but hey, it's only a hobby.

I declined the medal at the end of the race.  I didn't feel like I had earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...