Sunday, December 11, 2016

Reinforcements by Post

Too many projects, and a receding desire to paint 15mm infantry led me to turn to painting services.  I discovered Reinforcements by Post in Bangladesh.  They have a running special for WW2 infantry.  So I ordered a few bags in the hope of finishing a U.S. infantry division while maintaining the necessary figures for an armored infantry regiment for my U.S. armor division.

The service was very speedy and the figures were individually wrapped to protect them from the rough and tumble of a cross pacific journey.  I promptly based some up:


The square stand to the left in the top photo are some of my own painted figures serving as a heavy weapons (HW) support marker.  The order came with quite a few guys in long coats which are not shown here, but I will use as I need every soldier.  I may be a couple of companies (two stands) shy of the number I would need for a full roster.  I will cogitate upon this.

I bought some Plastic Soldier Company later war German Grenadiers.  These I feel obligated to paint up - at least two regiments worth.  The first battalion along with HW support is finished.


I'm very happy with these, but my splinter camo paint job needs some work.  Oh well, "Paint and Play" is what I live by.  It keeps me from giving up on the painting, and thus I get to keep playing.

Finally, I'm standardizing the basing on all of my War of Spanish Succession to either 60mm x 120 mm (infantry and cavalry) or 100 x 100mm for artillery.  Now the muskets don't extend beyond the base.  In order to avoid a complete rebasing I am gluing the metal stands to the Litko stands I purchased.  I used some wall patching compound to fill in the line and I think it came out pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...