Friday, February 5, 2016

Monterey Half Number 2

I ran the 2015 Monterey Half-Marathon.  The 2014 Monterey half was my first half marathon run, and I ran that in 2 hours 7 minutes.  My goal this year was to beat that time, maybe the Modesto time, at least under 2 hours, please.

My wife and I love Monterey.  We often have a good time there.  Perhaps I had too good of time, perhaps one glass of wine too many?  I also forgot my running shorts.

By the time I noticed this, it was too late to purchase a pair.  At first I was going to not run.  But I really wanted my 2015 medal.  I also wanted the sub-2 hour time.  Between the wine, and now this, it seemed that I was subconsciously sabotaging my efforts to PR.  I decided to run in my jeans.



1 hour 59 minute exactly.

There were a lot of hills that I didn't remember from the first time.  My jeans were soaked in sweat by the time I finished.  There was much chaffing.  I got a new blood blister on the bottom of my foot from the effort.  I finished 1635th place out of 6559 participants.  That puts me in the top third.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...