Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rides Versus Ghosts

Running

So I've been running in both the Rides and the Ghosts using the Currexsoles and I've come to a conclusion.  I like the Ghosts better.  I now wear the Rides (shoes with green) to work.  Overall the Rides feel too cushy for running and give too much room in the toe box while rubbing up against my right little toe when running.  I don't really notice on runs less than an hour, but most of my runs these days are an hour or more

I think I like them better than the Cumulus shoes.

I set a new PR for my half marathon.
Using the 10:12 average, I ran the half marathon distance in 2 hours 13 minutes and 36 seconds, which puts me about 4 minutes better than my previous time.  It's unofficial, but since I hadn't run this distance for awhile, I wanted to give it a go one more time before Monterey.  Total miles for the week, counting elliptical 57, 52 without elliptical.

I'm going to try a 3 hour run at 11 minute pace this Sunday to see if I can hit 16 miles for a new long run personal distance record.

Culinary

My wife made some great beans using the Berkshire pork.  She also took the carcass of the smoked turkey and made a fantastic turkey soup.  I myself haven't really done much other than cook steaks.

I'm getting low on running energy gels, so I ordered some GU energy gels.  So far I like them better than the Cliff shots I had been using.  Toast with lardo is still my staple before long run food.  I also like making a small banana shake to chase it down with.

1 comment:

  1. Now that the weather has finally cooled down a bit, I'm thinking about split pea and ham soup. Wish I had some of your yummy pork for it, but my local grocery store has good smoked ham hocks that will do.

    ReplyDelete

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...