Monday, September 3, 2018

Projects update

The Romans are now completely rebased.


I now have over 30 units, enough to fight Cannae if I wanted to.

The Carthaginians are coming along.


I still have 48 more gauls I need to paint from scratch, and 4 more Ligurians to "upgrade" a unit.  I may also add a unit of gaulic cavalry.  And, as I like play "To The Strongest," I need to paint some hero types.  I did this for the Romans already.  They can double for command stands too, if needed.


I finally painted some heavy artillery for my Germans.


Some of my Shermans are quite old, not painted by me, and generally not aesthetically pleasing to me anymore.  So I painted up some new ones.


A while back, I ordered a bunch of painted soviets from Reinforcements by Post.  Today I finally started basing them up.


I've been reading "When Titans Clashed" by David Glantz.  I'm determined to get my Soviet forces together for a spring 2019 offensive using Rommel.

Speaking of Rommel, I've struggled with how I want to portray mountains.  I was on the verge of gluing overhead pictures on 6 by 6 inch squares, but that was a little too board-gamey for my tastes.  Since I use a tree or two in a square to indicate a forest, leaving enough room for the obligatory three stands of units, I thought perhaps I could take the same approach with mountains.  Its the basic question of terrain that the minis stand on versus terrain that shares the space with the minis.  Typically I put stands on top of hills, soft ground and rough ground features. 

For mountains...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...