Saturday, October 21, 2017

Am I ready?

It is less then 3 weeks until the Monterey Half Marathon.  Am I ready?

My left foot feels good.  I can still feel some soreness on the left edge, but nothing like it was before.

I've been careful with my paces and not pushing myself too hard.  I've tried to remain faithful to the training plan.  I am doing 8 hill sprints on Friday, but otherwise I resist going past the pace I'm supposed to maintain for my quality runs.  I have felt strong on my hill sprints and no suggestions of my back going out on me like last time.

After my first 14 mile long run, I wasn't able to hold my pace for the 3 mile strength runs.  But I crushed my pace for the following tempo run. 

Here is my second 14 mile run.  Only one more to go, and so far I've managed to hold pace on these.

This week's series of 3 x 2 mile strength runs went very well indeed.


The 7 mile tempo run on Thursday also went well.


I've actually had to make myself not go too fast.  I don't want to peak too early?  The water break in the middle slowed me down to an 8:27, but the 8:25 on the next mile shamed me, and so my last mile was an 8:10.  I'm really trying to keep it at 8:20.

So maybe I'm ready.  Again, unlikely to be any PRs in Monterey, just not a fast enough course for me with those hills.  Perhaps I can beat the Santa Cruz time.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...