Looking in the refrigerator...
"Hmmm,those mushrooms won't last much longer."
"Oh look, half an onion."
I reach for the butter and stop...
"Wait, I've got some cured and smoked Berkshire pork belly somewhere in here."
I quarter and slice some potatoes to cook in some pork lard I rendered from seasoned pork shoulder that I had cooked in the electric pressure cooker a few nights ago.
I dice the onions and mushrooms while the bacon browns in the pan.
I then cook the onions and mushrooms in the bacon grease with the bacon.
This mixture goes in a bowl when done.
I cook two eggs over medium to put over a serving of the now crispy brown potatoes. The yolk is nice and runny.
I spoon the mushroom/bacon/onion mixture over this, then adding some ketchup and sriracha sauce.
I wolf it all down and chase it with some orange juice.
The best breakfast that I've had in a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ngorongoro
The capstone of our visit was the Ngorongoro crater safari. On our way to the crater from Ndutu, I got this picture and the Oldovai gorge r...
-
Somewhat recently I purchased a new rules set for Ancient historical miniatures battles called "To the Strongest" - affectionately...
-
My World War 2 forces are in desperate need of transportation for the infantry. I have put it off as long as possible because the idea of p...
-
Sometimes I'm just not sure how a new idea begins...in my head. For whatever reason, I decided to explore eating only twice a day. I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment