Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Culinary Catch-Up

I've been collecting photos on my phone with the idea that I will "eventually" blog about it.  So here we go:

Hamine Eggs


I recently acquired an electric pressure cooker and while searching on whether such a device could truly achieve sterility (you need 15psi for 15 minutes to kill endospores) I found an article on cooking eggs for a very long time, or in this case, using a pressure cooker.  I cooked these for 65 minutes at "High" setting on my Cuisinart.  They were quite tasty.

Cheese



I recently made cheese.  I eventually read you shouldn't do this with ultra pasteurized organic milk, but too late.  I did it anyways and it tasted quite good after a relatively short fermentation period.

Coffee



I have a Fresh Roast SR500 and it does a great job of roasting coffee beans.  But I always like trying new things, so I made this effort using a gas grill and rotisserie.  It worked okay, but took a long time.  I think I will stick with the Fresh Roast.

Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon



A tasty way to end this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wally

 Wallace at Stirling Bridge aka Wally, Footboy,  Booboo, Mister Blondie, Bubby, Knucklehead, Goofball, Salt to Poppy's Pepper. Age 12, b...